The delivery ceremony of the MANLIO SCOPIGNO and FELICE PULICI 2022/2023 Awards took place this morning, in the hall of honor of the C.O.N.I. in Rome, welcomed by CONI President Giovanni Malagò who made the prestigious location available.
They presented together with the president of the ASD Scopigno Cup Fabrizio Formichetti and the honorary president of the Scopigno Cup Gianni Letta, the journalist of Rai Sport Marco Lollobrigida, the journalist Eleonora Rossi and Gabriele Pulici. Also present was the young Nicholas Graziani, young mascot of the Scopigno Cup.
“Today with the Scopigno – Pulici awards the circle of the Scopigno Cup 2023 events is closed – said ASD Scopigno Cup President Fabrizio Formichetti – once again we find ourselves hosted here at CONI, thanks to president Malagò for rewarding the highest levels of football and of journalism”.
“Numerous initiatives have flourished around the Scopigno Cup and the prizes connected to it that unite culture and sport. Scopigno and Pulici have been able to pass on the example that still brings us today these values that are also useful outside the world of sport.” reiterated the Honorary President of Scopigno Cup Gianni Letta.
The President of CONI Gianni Malagò greeted those present and the winners: “Every year this event surprises us and this event amazes us”.
Andrea Abodi, Minister for Sport and Youth was also awarded by expressing all his support for the event: “I share this award with my government colleagues. The challenges of this time are complicated, being here means immersing yourself in a more serene dimension. The Scopigno Cup is an event which began as a sporting event and has been integrated over time with other important themes. We will continue to support these initiatives in the future.”
Paolo Trancassini, commissioner of the Chamber of Deputies underlined: “I am proud to have participated in this beautiful day of awards dedicated to the memory of two icons of our football. The Scopigno Cup is a prestigious international showcase that every year launches young talents who embody the noblest values of sport and which puts Rieti back in the center of Italy, becoming an important driving force for our territory”.
Also present was the Councilor for Sport of the Municipality of Rieti, Chiara Mestichelli, proud to be in Rome: “thanks to the fervent activity of Fabrizio Formichetti who knows how to convey the value of this initiative which this year has also seen the lights of the Scopigno Stadium”.
After the institutional greetings, the awards ceremony began:
– Cristiano Giuntoli, Manlio Scopigno Manager of the year Award – “An honor to be here: I’m happy because for me Scopigno represented the first example of someone who believed in the impossible. I dedicate this award to all the footballers I’ve had in my career.”
– Claudio Ranieri, Best Serie B Coach Award – “It was nice to feel like we were representing Italy abroad: I am happy to have received this award and I thank all the players and the Cagliari club. Let’s not give up, we will give it our all this year, we believe in the impossible” the coach was awarded by Giorgio Annis CEO of Crai Tirreno.
-Federico Coppitelli, Best Youth Sector Coach Award – “An award that I share with all those who collaborated with me in Lecce: I want to enjoy the path I’m on and be as happy as I was last year”.
– Franco Chimenti, Scopigno Special Prize and President of the Italian Golf Federation – “I am happy that the Ryder Cup ended in the best possible way: thank you for this welcome which I heartily reciprocate with all the prestigious guests present today”.
– Alberto Aquilani – Best youth sector coach award – “I have just started a job that brings a lot of complexity and the Serie B championship is an incredible training ground. The fundamental thing is to believe in what you do and carry forward this belief” was awarded by the Intesa San Paolo Commercial Director Michele Altissimo and Pino Magno, CEO NewAge, Umbro licensee.
– Samuele Mulattieri, best player in Serie B – “It’s an honor for me to be here and receive this prestigious award: I’m feeling good in this championship, the level has risen and today we need to be able to do well in the offensive and defensive phases too ” awarded by Pietro Maglioni of Ri.Tec.
– Award in memory of Vincenzo D’Amico – His wife Simona and son Matteo attended. “I’m very excited – said Simona – our great love was based on immense respect. We were proud of each other every day. Vincenzo manages to make me proud even today thanks to his friends and the prizes we receive like this”. Bruno Giordano remembered the figure of D’Amico together with the Biancocelesti glories Oddi, Sulfaro, Orsi, Piscedda and together with Tommaso Maestrelli’s son, Massimo.
– Alberto Bollini special prize Scopigno – “I feel proud of having made my passion my profession and I am truly happy to have received this recognition” awarded by the Councilor for Sport of the Municipality of Rieti Chiara Mestichelli.
– Massimo Oddo, special Scopigno award – “The human side that is recognized in me with this award is the most important thing: ours is a complex profession, especially that of a coach. There is not much time to work and build today, because results often come first.”
-Giuseppe Giannini – Scopigno Lifetime Achievement Award, recalling his profession, he recalled that “you need to be balanced and have experience: young people always give you the opportunity to be alive” awarded by Riccardo Viola President of Coni Lazio.
– Elia Caprile Felice Pulici award for best goalkeeper in Serie B – I am very honored for this award: we had the best goalkeepers in the Italian school. I hope to give the best in my career.”
Then the awards ceremony took place for the winners of the MANLIO SCOPIGNO JOURNALIST AWARD 2022/2023
voted by a jury made up of journalists and professionals and chaired by Dr. Gianni Letta.
Giulio Giusti introduced the awards, then Guido D’Ubaldo, president of the Lazio Journalists Order, took the stage and awarded the various professionals: “Today it is very difficult to be a sports journalist, a challenge that those who have to face must do with great determination and preparation, keeping professional quality high”.
– LIFETIME LIFETIME AWARD: ROBERTO BECCANTINI
– LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD TO MEMORY: ROBERTO RENGA his son Francesco was present
– COMMUNICATION AWARD:
DARIA NICOLI (AC MONZA) and FABRIZIO COMETTI (PARMA CALCIO 1913)
– RADIO AWARD: FRANCESCO REPICE (RADIO RAI)
– TV AWARD: STEFANO BIZZOTTO (RAI) – SANDRO SABATINI (MEDIASET)
– TV TECHNICAL VOICE AWARD: UBALDO RIGHETTI (RAI) – NANDO ORSI (SKY)
– PRESS PRIZE:
STEFANO AGRESTI (GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT), PIETRO CABRAS (IL MESSAGGERO) – PASQUALE SALVIONE (CURRIERE DELLO SPORT)
Also present today was the President of the National Observatory of Violence and Suicide Stefano Callipo, accompanied by Maria Visone, Head of the Observatory for Campania: “Thanks to sport we can act on the prevention of violence and work on legality”
The full ceremony can be watched here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9tpjZnrgkI